Post –Op instructions for temporary crowns
- Avoid anything hard, crunchy, or sticky (almonds, nuts, gum, taffy). It may cause temp to come off or break.
- Avoid flossing in between temporary crown but be sure to brush really well in that area. Floss may cause temp to pop off. If you absolutely need to floss put floss in and pull straight out. Avoid up and down motion.
- Rinse with warm salt and water to heal gum tissue after eating or at least three times a day. This will help swollen gums and inflamed tissue to heal from us packing in retraction cord for accurate impression and from open margins that cause food impaction.
- If temporary crown comes off or breaks, please inform us as soon as possible so we can make you a new one or re cement it on. It is normal because it is only temporary cement holding it on which is not as strong as the permanent cement that will be used when we seat the permanent crown.
- Please come back for your 2 week appointment to cement your permanent crown. It is very important to prevent bacteria from leaking in under your temp due to it only being a temporary, also to ensure a perfect fit for your permanent crown. Teeth always shift and it is important to keep it on until we remove it for your permanent crown.
Please call us if you have any questions regarding this procedure.
Inland Dental Group